April 2017 Newsletter
March was an amazing month at Technocopia with a boatload of classes, events, build outs, new tools and general maker mayhem. Believe it or not April is gearing up to turn all that up to 11!
Space Upgrades, New Shops, Events and tons of Classes!
- We had an incredible turn out for our OpenHouse on 3/23 during our regular Thursday Night OpenHack with lots of new faces checking out the space and lots of familiar faces checking out our new tools. We hope to make this a regular kind of event.
- We have expanded our ShopBot Tool Training Class from 2 hours to 4 hours so we can adequately cover all the things. If you took the took two hour class email us about dropping into the second night of the 4 hour class to see what we've added
- We will have a table at VegFest on 4/30 at the DCU where we will offer some kid friendly maker activities and will be selling some schwag
- We now have a brand spanking new Electronics Worksop with new benches, tools, oscilloscope, soldering station, rework station and stereo microscope. Come on down make something that goes blink and bloop!
- Free* tool training class for new members signing up during the month of April! *For all tool training classes except the ShopBot, which is discounted $65.
- Solidworks is now an official sponsor of Technocopia who will be donating a Full Commercial License of their industry standard CAD software for members to use! Stay tuned.
- The Glass Shop is open for business, email us for a tool training
- The Design Studio looks amazing with a new set of counters and it feels like there is a different group in there working on a project every single night.
- Volunteers from JobCorps will be putting up a coat of paint in the new Digital Fab Shop and we will be putting down some durable industrial tile in both the Design Studio and Digital Fab Shop which should make those rooms look like a million bucks
- The Technocopia T-Shirts are selling like hot cakes, get 'em while they're hot. We are putting through a small batch order of kids/baby sizes of T-Shirts, email us if your interested
- We try to track all the cool things that all the hep cats are up to on our Facebook Events page and there is a list of amazing classes and events below.
Upcoming Workshops, Classes and Events:
3D Printers - 4/5, 4/26
CNC Router - 4/17, 5/1
Vinyl Cutter - 4/12, 5/10
Wood Shop Series I - 4/11
Wood Shop Series II - 4/18
Wood Shop Series III - 4/25
Wood Shop Series IV - 5/2
Wood Lathe, Metal Working and Glass Working classes are available by request.
VegFest Volunteer Night - 4/6
March For Science Sign Making Party - 4/12
Design Studio Grand Opening Party - 5/5