Family Use Policy
Technocopia is designed to be a family friendly environment. While we encourage families to use our space and tools together, certain guidelines must be met to ensure the safety of youth under the age of 18 in our space:
- Youth under the age of 18 are not allowed within the wood shop or metal shop under any circumstances. The tools in these shops are considered red zone tools and may only be used by adults aged 18 or older who have received proper training. This also applies to the ShopBot CNC router located in the digital fab shop.
- Tools such as our 3D printers, vinyl cutter, and laser cutter are considered yellow zone tools. Youth between the ages of 12 and 17 may be trained on and use these tools only when accompanied by a supervising adult. For example, a parent and child must take a tool training class together in order for the child to officially use the tool.
- Youth between the ages of 5 and 11 may use age appropriate tools, such as simple hand tools, only under the direct supervision of an adult.
- Any number of household members aged 5 and above may be added to a membership at a 20% premium of the primary member's rate. This is dependent on whether or not the additional member(s) will be using our space and/or tools to work on a project.
- Youth members between the ages of 5 and 17 must always be accompanied by an adult household member during a visit to Technocopia.
- Guests are welcome! Members frequently bring in family and friends to tour the space, show member projects, and more.